Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Vehicle problems. I need some advice from a real tech.?

I have a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer. Sometimes it takes 2-3 ranks before my car starts, but this never happens when the car is cold, only when at full temperature. It also will shake sometimes when driving when the engine is at full temperature. Again, this only happens rarely. I replaced the spark plugs 1 year ago and put in BOSCH Platinum plugs. I had the transmission looked at and the tech said it looks fine. So its something with the engine. Any suggestions? I am thinking about changing the plug wires and/or the coil but not sure if these steps will help. Please let me know what I should do. Thanks for the help.Vehicle problems. I need some advice from a real tech.?
Sounds like you may have a problem with the crankshaft sensor. They are notorious for being heat sensitive. I don't think the plug wire can effect the slow start problem, and they are never heat sensitive. The best way is to have someone scan the crank sensor while you are having the problem. Sometimes that is hard to do, but it is the best way to go and not waste a lot of money changing parts at random.Vehicle problems. I need some advice from a real tech.?
I would take them Bosch out and throw them away!





Put some O.E. plugs in and see how it acts.





Depending on which engine code, theres one that calls for a double platinum and one that calls for an iridium spark plug.





Remember to check/set gap. Be Carefull with platinum and iridium plugs you can knock off vital components! Both engine codes call for .054 gap.





Good Luck.
I would replace the wires if they havent been replaced, How about the fuel filter and air filter?
Have you check the following


(1)Air filter dirty


(2)Bad engine ground connection


((3)Fuel not reaching the injectors


(4)Loose connection in the ignition system


(5)Faulty idle control system


(6)Faulty emission or engine control systems


Troubleshooting when the car is hot

No comments:

Post a Comment