Monday, August 23, 2010

Any advice or experiences related to my pregnacy test problem?

I wrote yesterday stating that I took a pregnacy test yesterday morning (from the dollar store) with results showing one dark line in the ';C'; area (standard) and one very faint line the ';T'; area (detects pregancy hormone). I took another one today and it showed up negative (C area). My period isn't due until June 5, next week, so I've been testing early. What's up? How can this be?Any advice or experiences related to my pregnacy test problem?
Poppy's right that most $ store tests are pretty good. The best ones, from anecdotal evidence, are the ones from Dollar Tree called 'New Choice' - you must use the enclosed pipette - and you can read more about the various sensitivities of tests at http://www.peeonastick.com. I would absolutely grab a few of them and test again tomorrow. Sounds like you're testing VERY early, but if you're worried about it, sometimes it's better to test than to sit and wait. That's your call :) Good luck!Any advice or experiences related to my pregnacy test problem?
Dollar store tests are just as accurate as any. I'm not sure I understand your question. However, if there was nothing in the control area the test was defective and you should take it again. If the control area did show up and the test area was negative then it is a negative. However, you had a faint positive the other day so I would go take another test and see what happens - First Response is very accurate. Sometimes tests have different amounts of dye or different sensitivities - even of the same brand in the same box. Good luck!!
The dollar store had bad batches recently, a friend of mine had 8!!! false positives :( Take a different brand of test when AF should have been due, or get a blood test. Some womens hCG levels rise quickly and a positive is possible as early as 9-10 dpo. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones?!





Best of luck :)
If you really want to get an answer soon, I would go buy a bit of a better quality test (not from the dollar store) one that is tested for reliability.

No comments:

Post a Comment