Thursday, August 19, 2010

Problems Playing The Guitar..... Advice?

So I literally just started learning the guitar and it I can't even play the A chord because I can't get all three fingers on the same fret and not have the strings be muffled. This is on the second fret just fyi. Is this normal or what? I'm a skinny dude and I think I have normal sized fingers.Problems Playing The Guitar..... Advice?
Move your fingers up to the edge of the fret. Closer to the next fret up. Also make sure you're pressing hard enough. My old instructor told me to pretend i was doing a pull up. But most likely the problem is that you aren't far enough up on the fret. Have fun playing :)Problems Playing The Guitar..... Advice?
you just have to keep playing and things will get easier. My teacher also had me take two or three chords (like G to C) and strum once and try to switch as fast as possible. It was boring while i did it, but now my transitions are a lot faster and my fingers just go to chords without looking down.

Report Abuse



Burningx, if you're just beginning, the A chord might be hard to get a good sound. I've been playing about 40 years and I'm still learning. There are a couple of ways to play an A. One way is to use just your index finger and bar the 3 strings you hold down for the A. You're going to lose the open (little) E string (muffle it) but it works. Try different ways until you find the one that works for you. With practice you can do it. Good luck!
Get lessons. Your teacher will show you how to do this and lots more.

No comments:

Post a Comment