Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can someone give me some advice with my knitting problem?

I've started knitting a hat - my first attampt at knitting. I'm using connected needles and everything seems to be fine except the length of yarn between the two points keeps getting longer with every stitch to the point where i'm spending more than double the time just pulling all the excess yarn through than doing the stitch itself. I'm sure this isn't supposed to happen. How can i stop it? Hope i explained this comprehensively!Can someone give me some advice with my knitting problem?
Circular needles? What length are they? For hats 16'; circulars are the longest ones you should use, but the circulars commonly available in mass merchandize stores tend to be 24'; or longer, usually 29';, so unless you are comfortable using two circulars, you'd be better off either learning to knit this on double points, or knitting your hat flat on straight needles.





Your other problem, if the needle is the correct length, may be your cast on. Most novice knitters use the backwards (over the thumb) loop method which, unfortunately, leaves large floats of yarn between stitches because it isn't knitted on. Again, you need to use something different, try looking up cable cast on, knitting on, or long tail cast on along with the shorter needle for greater success.Can someone give me some advice with my knitting problem?
if you are knitting in rounds it sounds like you using the wrong length of circular kneedles.
The stitch is sure this is'nt supposed to happen

No comments:

Post a Comment