Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need advice on acne medication problems?

I'm currently on doryx (oral medicine), benzaclin (on the spot topical cream), and retina micro (all over topical cream). I wash my face twice a day with oil free acne wash and take the doryx once a day. Benzclin in the morning and retina micro at night. My doctor says if my face doesn't clear up two weeks with this then he's going to put me on acutane. Unfortunately the combination of all this is making me peel extremely badly. And at the same time I'm still breaking out. I keep putting oil free lotion on but it doesnt do the job. I'm still breaking out but now my skin is dry on top of it! Do I stop any one? Or should I just keep drying my skin till the 2 weeks is up?I need advice on acne medication problems?
Keep with it. Skin care takes a bit of time. With retina, peeling and worsening of acne is common for the first bit (even a few weeks). This is because the retina is pushing all the acne from deep within your skin to the surface to be eventually washed away. Retina micro works faster than retina, so just stick it out for now. Give it a fair try and it may end up working wonders. However, if you do end up on accutane, your condition will drastically improve--almost guaranteed!





Maintain a consistent daily routine...and treat your skin like a fine silk. Pat dry, don't scrub. Don't overwash! Don't let your sking air-dry (it will dry out your skin more). Stay moisturized. Don't scratch, pick, or touch your face too much.





Consistency is key. This will also allow the doc to use his/her best judgement regarding treatment.





Good luck! I hate skin problems.I need advice on acne medication problems?
Acne





Also called: Pimples, Zits


Acne is a common skin disease that causes pimples. Pimples form when hair follicles under your skin clog up. Most pimples form on the face, neck, back, chest and shoulders. Anyone can get acne, but it is common in teenagers and young adults. It is not serious, but it can cause scars.





No one knows exactly what causes acne. Hormone changes, such as those during the teenage years and pregnancy, probably play a role. There are many myths about what causes acne. Chocolate and greasy foods are often blamed, but there is little evidence that foods have much effect on acne in most people. Another common myth is that dirty skin causes acne; however, blackheads and pimples are not caused by dirt. Stress doesn't cause acne, but stress can make it worse.





If you have acne





Clean your skin gently


Try not to touch your skin


Avoid the sun


Treatments for acne include medicines and creams.





National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases

No comments:

Post a Comment