Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need some advice on hand;ing problems while transitioning as male to female!?

I am having quite some problems since I have figured out that I am a transsexual. I don't speak to my father anymore because he is a Mexican, macho biggot who only regulates what is considered ';appropriate'; for me and my mother relies solely on the bible and instills that I am an ';abomination in God's eyes';. And besides them, I have an ongoing depression due to their harsh criticism and how I will transition. I made a decision that my parents would only cause more problems and wouls eventually lead me to self-destruction if I ever took their advice. I am seeking some guidance on how to make it past these kinds of situations or some constructive critisism. I knew when I found out that I wanted to be a woman, that I would face these challenges. But I don't know anyone who has surpassed these problems. And thank you for your response. :)I need some advice on hand;ing problems while transitioning as male to female!?
It's a sad fact that most transsexual people lose the support of their families; that's one of the reasons the transsexual community is so close-knit, because most of us know exactly how you feel, and we are the only family we have.


I recommend that you find, and join, a support group; ideally one local to you, but if that's not possible, there are several excellent online groups that will offer you help and support. I suggest you start looking at these websites for direction to either of these;


http://www.tsroadmap.com/


http://www.gender.org/resources/index.ht鈥?/a>


and of course, there are a few of us on here.


I'm sure you can email any of us (I hope no-one minds me volunteering them...)





[';island girl';; I rather suspect you're going to run out of dollars...that's three of us you owe already. Don't you wish you'd educated yourself before offering money?]I need some advice on hand;ing problems while transitioning as male to female!?
There is nothing in the Bible about Transsexual people. The Bible does say that God loves everyone. So your mother's comments, though very hurtful, are not based on any facts. She may well have been told by other people at some stage in her life, but it is not true.





By all means you may want to distance yourself from your family, but it will be good if they can be with you. Personally I transitioned for me, not my parents. Personally I feel that if they want to get to know me they can, but they have never tried. That is their choosing. In the mean time I am a lot happier now than ever before.





Many people have transitioned successfully. We don't all go around waving banners advertising our history to everyone. How then can you know if everyone who has gone through this change has not got on well with their parents? Some of my friends are quite close now, others aren't.
hey sweetie i am a trans woman I'm very happy everyones life has a little pain now and again. island girl is clueless pay her no mind. I'm sorry to hear about your family its their loss not yours. I'm glad you are finally being true to yourself and wish good luck
Hey there... the journey you are on is a very hard and difficult one.





I am glad that you have found yourself.. and you seem to be very strong inside..





You will need to find some friends in your area.. people you can trust and will be there for you..





I am always open for chat..





NOW.. Island Girl..... I will take that last dollar...





I am transsexual.. I am extremely happy with my life.. Life is what we make it..not what others say it should be.
I got to the point where those I had loved and supported that couldn't handle my simple change of sex did not belong in my life.





I divorced my own sister over this, that's not to say it didn't hurt, but the hurtful crap being spewed was worse. You did not say how old you are, if you are over 18, move out and move on.
you will never surpass these problems because you will always be a man, no matter what you do. You may as well go with the flow and figure out how you can be the best man you can be. Stop fooling yourself, you are not a female in a Male's body. I don't care how many transvestites, homosexuals, or bisexuals you talk to. Not one of them is 100% happy, I can bet my last dollar on that. All they do is try to talk themselves into being happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment