Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need advice regarding mixed family problems...?

My boyfriend has two kids who (according to the divorce decree) visits every wed night for dinner and are taken home no later than 8 pm. We recently got a place of our own, since they aren't use to their dad having a 'home' suitable for them to stay the night, they now want to stay wed nights with us...which of course their mom is thrilled about. (She is often way too busy for her kids). My problem is its expected of me now to take them to school of thursdays? it was something nice i wanted to do for him and his children the first time, but with not a thank you or anything ive lost the desire to do this. now we are fighting all the time over it because he thinks i dont want his kids around...thats not the case at all. i just want to know that im appreciated and have the right to say 'not tonight' if im not feeling up to it. (4 kids, (2 of my own) and all different schools and 3 different times of the day?) Am i out of line?I need advice regarding mixed family problems...?
This is one day a week. You are already taking kids to school. You are living with their father. And as a mother you know the kids are a package deal. I bet there are plenty of things he does for your children, that you could be doing by yourself. So yes, you are sticking your toe across the line. As for the comment about their mother, being to busy for them. You get a second hand view of her. Any mother worth their salt would be thrilled for her children being able to spend at least one night with their father. Children need fathers as well as mothers. And is the woman single? Because you have a man living with you to help ease the finical burden of raising kids. What ever problems they had that made them split up, I promise you it was both of their faults.I need advice regarding mixed family problems...?
So he accepts your children? And you aren't willing to sacrifice one day a week for the man you love?? Do you expect him to love your children? If the mother is to busy for her kids as you say, its sounds as though they need the love and extra attention. I was raised by a step dad and to this day ( I am 43) I am closer to him than my real father because he was there for me.


Grow up and don't be whining because your put out one day a week. If you love him this will only bring you closer. However if you continue to whine and ***** about ';his'; children, you may as well pack your bags now, because your headed for a break up. I admire him for being part of his kids life, so many fathers walk away from their children.
well.. idk if i'd really call it out of line, but i will say this.. if you can't take in his kids as your own then i don't think you are cut out to be a stepmom. my stepdad felt the same way you do about certain things and we NEVER got along. we were always fighting and always felt awkward around each other. it was so bad i had to go live with my grandparents. my stepmom on the other hand was always so loving and would do anything for me that she would do for her own kids. she would take me shopping and took me to school and her kids and her sisters kids. if it's only one day a week i would sacrifice it for my boyfriend and i's relationship and my relationship with his kids so that they like me. then again you 2 aren't married so i guess your not really there stepmother.. but i'm treating this as if you 2 were planning on being together forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment