Thursday, July 29, 2010

Problems with IM need some advice?

I have tried using both mail messenger and web messenger, my contact who is online doesn't show up as being signed in, we had this problem yesterday and couldn't get it resolved... we ended up going the long way and emailed all day, very ineffective... any ideas what might be wrong... and yes I shut it all down and rebooted the system to no avail.... HELPProblems with IM need some advice?
Yahoo is doing its annual maintenance on the site. Thousands of users are reporting problems. You have to wait. It is not your computer.Problems with IM need some advice?
Ignore the other thing about your computer working.


I had this problem as well, check your security settings on your computer. Go to Control Panel-Internet Options-Security. You could be behind a firewall or it could simply be your friends security/firewall settings. If you continue having problems you may need to reinstall messenger, Yahoo 9 has been a problem for a lot of people that I know. If you look hard enough you can find an earlier version that does not have as many bugs
That has happened to me several times. Sometimes when I IM my friends, The IM box won't stay up and keeps dissapearing. It's strange.





But Maybe you don't have the latest version of AIM installed. You can download the 6.9 version here: http://dashboard.aim.com/aim
Your friend could be signed in, but not show if they are ';invisible';. You can still chat with them if they respond to your IMs.
You need to make sure your computer is working right

No comments:

Post a Comment