Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Can someone REALLY good at software problems offer some advice?

Long story short: Desktop crashed. Now won't open Internet Explorer or any other program that connects to the web. As soon as you try to open a program, the entire system reboots. Can't find anything with scanning software or by looking at programs themselves. Installed another browser (Firefox) and it works fine. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling all offending programs. Same result.





Really, I'm pretty good at this, and I just can't find it. I need somebody better. :) If my husband can't run Poker Host pretty soon, he may be shooting off a clock tower by the end of the week. Okay, kidding. But seriously, this bad. I have work to do I can't access.





Help! Thanx in advance.Can someone REALLY good at software problems offer some advice?
It sounds like you might have a really bad worm or trojan. I have found that the worst ones usually won't show up on a virus scan. When it happened to me I was forced to reformat. It was the only way to rid my puter of the virus. If that is your problem I would suggest calling best buys geek squad before you do anything....they gave me the names of some great free programs that allowed me to recover my pics, music etc. after I reformatted. I would tell you what software myself but I can't remember what they were. I hope this helps and good luck!!!Can someone REALLY good at software problems offer some advice?
just use firefox, its doesnt crash usally, and wen it does, it remembers the last pages u were using and opens it.
Scrap the computer and go back to stone and chisel. It's faster and doeseen't crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment