Thursday, July 29, 2010

Im having problems getting comfortable while sleeping. any advice?

i know they say to avoid sleeping on your back, so i have been sleeping on my sides. my baby always kicks at the mattress like i am smooshing him. is this really bothering him? also, i have had horrible back pain from sleeping on my sides. i miss sleeping on my back. any advice??? thanks!!!Im having problems getting comfortable while sleeping. any advice?
Hey Crissa!





I feel like I squish the baby too. He pokes me on the side I am sleeping. But I'm sure he's fine.





I feel your pain about sleeping on your side - literally. And, when I sleep on my back I get dizzy - not that I should anyway.








My solution is to take my full body pregnancy pillow (I have a boppy one) and put it behind my back and then take the bottom part and put it between my legs. Then I lean into it. It gives me a nice compromise - I am slightly on my back (though not enough to compress the inferior vena cava and get dizzy) and slightly on my side. Then, with the pillow between my legs my back doesn't hurt so bad. It's a good solution and it's comfortable too.Im having problems getting comfortable while sleeping. any advice?
Try putting a pillow between your legs and have another pillow to ';hug';. Sleeping on your sides will never ';damage'; your baby, but baby can definitely ';damage'; you if you continue to sleep on your back. I asked my husband to pay attention at night if I end up sleeping on my back to wake me up and make me sleep on my side. When my husband works nights, I put a pillow behind my back, so I'm surrounded by pillows.
Get a body pillow!! This will help support you a little better. For us back sleepers we definitely suffer during pregnancy! And no you aren't smooshing baby, he's just awake now that you're relaxed, they do that A LOT. During the day they sleep more because you are moving (basically rocking him to sleep) and at night when you are most relaxed, he's most awake!





Definitely look into the body pillow though. Also try sleeping with a pillow between your knees, this has helped me tremendiously!
You really need to get a body pillow or another pillow between your knees! It really helps, also my lil boy kicks at the mattress too when Im on my sides, I think they like it because it gives them something firm to push against. lol But thats just my opinion!!


Hopefully you feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment