Thursday, July 29, 2010

Where to complain about hospital bills amd insurance problems ? Any official sites or free legal advice.?

Before the treatment, I asked my insurance company to refer me to a participating doctor. The doctor is on their list , however the treatment center is not. I was not told about this. Even the personnel at the center claimed that they were covered by my insurance company. So I was misled. The center sent off a bill and insurance only wants to pay according to their fee schedule since the center is not their participating provider. I am now stuck with a huge balance bill.What should I do ? Where should I get help ?Where to complain about hospital bills amd insurance problems ? Any official sites or free legal advice.?
Do you have the name of the person who told you the facility was participating with the insurance company? If so, go down there and speak to their supervisor. If you don't remember, it's your word against theirs, unfortunately. If you have a financial hardship, you can ask for assistance with the bill and fill out paperwork. If there is no financial hardship, you may have to pay it, but ask for a payment plan.





Patients do need to check the in-network and out-of-network status of any provider they go to. If you have an uncommon insurance company, it is often covered under a larger contract, and it is difficult for providers to tell if your plan is under their blanket contract. I hate to tell you this after the fact, but it is a difficult lesson to learn.





If you were truly misled and can convince them, you may be able to get the bill reduced. Also, if there were no participating facilities in the area, you may be able to convince your insurance company to pay more. If it is through your employer, you should enlist the help of your HR department, because they pay the premiums.Where to complain about hospital bills amd insurance problems ? Any official sites or free legal advice.?
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. My problem has been solved. Your answer helped me a lot.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment