Thursday, July 29, 2010

What is your advice on my basketball problem...?

I am a post player on my school's basketball team. I keep putting up shots and they will just not go in! It's driving me nuts b/c i am the leader and usually highest scorer on the team? I need help b/c our season is going down the drain if i don't do something! I don't want any answers saying u suck or quit b/c this is a serious problem and i need some encouragement!!! :( Plz help!What is your advice on my basketball problem...?
I had this problem, but I wasn't the team leader, we had 7 excellent players so they covered me, but of course I was still mad!! I got frusterated! One major thing you can do is not get frusterated. And, when you shoot, are the players there?? Because you mght be rushing your shot because someone is on you or coming to guard you and you just shoot. Shoot like no one is there....if someone is there, just shoot and go up strong!! Try your hardest!!! Your coach should help! If your coach is a good coach they will see the problem and should try to fix it and talk to you about it, but if he/she doesn't, you should ask him. Really, you must always have a good attitude!What is your advice on my basketball problem...?
ASK THE COACH IF YOU CAN HAVE CLOSED PRACTICE WITH HIM; ON THE WEEKENDS.
Use the backboard, keep your eye on the basket, follow through your shot, and practice! There's no way we can analyze your game without seeing you play.





Even the All-Star players go through slumps, and it is especially challenging while your body goes through the changes of adolescence. You know you have the skills, they will come back to you. And I also hear many players say that focusing on your defense when the ball isn't falling can help you get through the slump.
Practice, practice, practice....thats the best advice I can give you without seeing you play. Listen to what your coach tells you also.
Practice, and during the games don't get rushed, set your feet, look at the basket, etc. Practice makes perfect though. :)
Ask ur coach to give u some practice with one on one situations in practice... good luck w/ the rest of ur season and just keep practicing
First, don't freak out if you're no longer scoring the most... that's not the most important thing. The important thing is to find out what the problem is, and correcting it.





Square up. Make sure your feet are facing the basket whenever you put a shot up. Whether it's a jump shot from near the arc or closer in, always be squared up. If it's a layup, lean your weight into the defender, try and draw the foul. Don't charge, but don't let yourself be pushed back. Use the backboard whenever you can-it'll help. Analyze every shot. If you put up a shot, and it doesn't go in, find out what you can do better-whether it's your footwork, how hard or soft you put it up, whatever. Analyze every single time. Also ask your coach and your teammates for help-they can watch you shoot when you can't watch yourself.





That's all the advice I can give you without seeing you shoot. Good luck!
are you fading away from your shots? My friend plays down low and he does thhe same thing. Just jump into your shots and not back. take thhe layups and u will be at the line a lot fmore frequently too.
Stay after practice a couple times and just work on the basics. Close shots, layups, etc. Make sure you use the backboard. It's your friend. Put some backspin on your shots. That always helps.
first ask the people around you what you are doing wrong(like your coach) and ask your coach to help you try and correct the problem. Try not to think of it too much just follow through. I sometimes have the same problem when playing and just don't think about missing.
PRACTICE... thats all you can do. who do you play for???
My answer would be to practice more often , i'm not saying you don't practice , and try to concentrate the hoop . I don't know if this will work : tell your selve that you CAN do it . and maybe you will . i heard ppl say that alot but i'm not completely sure if it is truth . well good luck !
  • acne treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment