Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need some advice about some court problems I'm having.?

My sons grandmother took custody from me. I am a 23 year old female now stable and have my own home. We are in the process of going through a custody battle. Well I was made to pay child support each week. I have my son almost 5 days out of the week. Should I still have to pay child support? If so will they lower it. I have court tomorrow. Its looking good. I know I am getting him back. As far as support goes. I have been paying what I can. I got served with papers yesterday yet again for support because I was late on 3 payments and didn't pay the full amount on another one. I give what I can. The last time we went to court for this the judge said if I miss 3 consecutive payments that I could and probably will go to jail for 3-6 months. I didn't miss any payments I was just late mailing them out. So now I have to go back to court and I am deathly afraid he is going to put me in jail. I also have another 8 month old son at home. I mean I can see if I wasn't paying at all but I give what I can. Anyways, yesterday when I got served I owed a total of $1100 is support. I had to go and borrow $900 from a friend in hopes that it will help me when I go to court Because than I will only owe $233. Tomorrow I have court for custody first than support right after. If I get my son back tomorrow do you think the judge will still throw me in jail, even tho I have my son back and I owe barely any support? I need some advice. I mean I am doing everything in my power to do what I can. Some one help. I live in new york state by the way.I need some advice about some court problems I'm having.?
If you get your son back, you won't go to jail. If he sends you to jail, what is he going to do, send the kids to your house to fend for themselves? No the problem you have is that he might not give you custody. If you aren't keeping up with the payments, your mom? your mom-in-law? whatever, the grandmother, can argue because you aren't making those payments you aren't responsible enough to have full custody. Prove you can't pay that much. Make up a budget, track your expenses, and show the judge you are sticking to it. Find areas to cut back, like bagging your lunch for work and limiting discretionary purchases.


You should really have a lawyer for this, and your local bar association can refer you to legal aid or women's organizations that will provide a lawyer for free, if there is one.I need some advice about some court problems I'm having.?
Don't listen to that jerk. Since you are making an effort they won't throw you in jail but you should put more of an effort into getting your payment out in time. Don't worry so much just be the best mother you can be and it will all be fine.
Just wondering what kind of person borrows $900 to pay child support instead of borrowing $900 to hire a lawyer... and what kind of person posts on Yahoo seeking legal advice. Wow! unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment